Monday, August 31, 2009

Gallagher Girls Series

I've really got to stop reading series until ALL the books are out. :) Maybe I am the only one that feels this way, but once I start a great series I don't want to wait until all the books are out to see find out what happens. But on the other hand I do love the whole feeling of anticipation that comes. (The HP books were the one exception, those I loved looking forward to every couple of years)

I've really enjoyed the three books in this series. The girls are smart (yah for smart girls), they are mature for their ages (hate whinny teenager girls--Bella for example), and they are spies (how cool is that? I wanted to be a spy when I was younger).

On the outside, The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Woman, looks like a typical posh all-girls school. But looks can be deceiving. The Gallagher Academy IS an Academy for Excepetional Young Woman--they are all brilliant, smart and spies in training.


I'd Tell You I'd Love You, But Then I Had to Kill You
Is the story of Cammie Morgan, her best friends Bex and Liz, and her recent roommate Macey. Cammie Morgan, 15, chameleon. As a second generation Gallagher Girl and daughter of the current head mistress, Cammie has spying in her blood. Cammie has spent most of her life within in the wall of Gallagher Academy and when CovOps begins that year, Cammie find for the first time in her life she becomes visible when on her first CovOps assignment she meets Josh. Cammie soon learns that she may be a spy in training, but she knows nothing about boys, romance and life outside of Gallagher Academy.


Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy
This book picks it up soon after the end of the I'd Tell You I'd Love You. Cammie thinks that after distraous events involving boys the year before, she would be safe from their influences for the next school year. But that wasn't to be. For the first time the all girls school is involved in operation Blackthrone aka boys in the school. As she studies and works alongside these boys, especially the suave Zach, Cammie has a feeling that her new schoolmates may be hiding something. When a major breach in security happens and threatens to expose the school for what it really was and Cammie is blamed, Cammie and her friends must work to clear her name.


Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover
This book is by far the best of the three.
Just before the start of her junior year Cammie is in Boston with her roommmate Macey, as her roommates dad accepts the nomination for VP. But when Macey and Cammie find themselves in real danger as they are almost kidnapped. The kidnapping plot brings changes to Gallagher. Macey now needs secret service, and Cammie's little seen Aunt Abby, is assigned to guard her. But there is no reason apparent reason why Macey was target, and as Cammie and her friends try to figure it out Gallagher Girl secrets and secrets from Cammie's past are revealed.
Plus Cammie, can't stop thinking about Zach who keeps showing up at the oddest places. Is he good, bad?

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the other three books about the Gallagher girl's to come out i just love them.

    ReplyDelete